We imagine a world where strong relationships, authentic communication, and the desire to understand one another thrive. We trust that solutions reside within our individual communities. We believe that every voice must be heard.
Vision + Mission
Restorative Response Baltimore is a conflict resolution and community building organization that provides ways for people to collectively and effectively prevent and resolve conflicts and crime.
We provide space and a process for people to transform their conflicts into cooperation, and by doing so, contribute to a vision of justice rooted in equity, community, and collaboration. We advocate for practices that build and strengthen connection and relationships.
Our Guiding Principles
- Conflicts present opportunities for learning, healing, and transformation.
- People can create lasting solutions to their conflicts when everyone affected is given a space to share their story.
- Conflicts within communities are best resolved within those communities.
- The wisdom is in the community.
- Stronger connections foster mutual accountability, sense of belonging and understanding.
The work of Restorative Response Baltimore has been recognized nationally and internationally for its use of restorative justice and conflict management strategies in a variety of settings, including criminal justice, education, neighborhoods, and the workplace.
Our community conferencing efforts in Baltimore are unique, with RRB being the only broad-based conferencing program in a large American city, with most services provided at no cost to participants.
Restorative Response Baltimore also provides training, technical assistance, program development, and program evaluation services.